At Creekside Farm, we celebrate bacon in all its forms. This decadent bacon brownie recipe ticks all the boxes. Whether you prepare it as a dreamy dessert for a late Sunday lunch, or you want to keep a stack on hand for a quick midnight indulgence, you won’t be disappointed.
- Creekside Farm Bacon Bits
- Brown sugar, to coat
- 2/3 Cup good quality cocoa
- 1½ Cups brown sugar
- ½ Cup confectioners’ sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons quality espresso powder
- 4 Large eggs
- 2/3 Cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 23cm round pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Spread the bacon bits evenly in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle it with the brown sugar, to coat.
- Let the bacon bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until it’s slightly crispy. Remove the bacon bits from the oven and let it cool.
- Whisk the espresso powder, flour, salt, sugars, and cocoa together in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the eggs until light and foamy in a separate mixing bowl. Add the oil and water.
- Fold the egg mixture into the dry ingredients. Be sure to not overmix.
- Spoon the mixture into the round pan, smoothing the top.
- Sprinkle the candied bacon on top of the brownie mixture.
- Bake the brownies for approximately 30 minutes. When done, insert a toothpick into the centre of the brownies. If the toothpick comes out clean your brownies are ready to be served.
- You can store these brownies in the refrigerator for up to five days in a plastic container.