Satiating those sugar cravings have never been easier! Say hello to the easiest and most delectable bacon and Nutella cupcake recipe ever! A lot of people may think that bacon and chocolate don’t go well together, but the savoury and sweet contrast that both of these ingredients add to the mix actually takes the chocolate flavours in this recipe to a whole new level.
What kind of bacon you incorporate is also really important. Creekside Farm bacon is known for its delicious taste and is not too salty, which makes it the perfect choice if you really want to impress that special someone with this recipe.
- 1 packet of cooked and diced Creekside Farm bacon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1 cup cold strong coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 60g crushed chocolate
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- To make the cupcake mixture, mix the cocoa powder, brown and white sugar, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- Combine the eggs, milk, oil and coffee in a separate bowl.
- Combine the egg mixture with the dry ingredients and mix.
- Fold 3/4 of the diced bacon into the smooth mixture and pour the batter into your prepared cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 190°C oven.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the muffins cool.
- Combine all of your ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Microwave for short bursts (10-15 seconds) until the mixture is completely melted.
- Let the mixture slightly cool and transfer it into a piping bag.
- Squeeze the Nutella ganache over your cooled cupcakes into the design of your choice.