Bacon is delicious all on its own, but if wrapped around a crispy onion ring, it gets even tastier! This recipe is perfect for a Sunday barbeque and can also be enjoyed as a delectable midweek snack.
Pair it with a salad or use it as a side to your favourite dish, either way, your family and friends will love it! This recipe is really easy to master since you will not be using batter and oil to make a dough, but rather Creekside Farm bacon.
- Creekside Farm bacon
- Two yellow onions
- Slice your onion rings into thick slices. Keep two rings together as showcased in the picture above so that they remain sturdy when grilled.
- Wrap your onion rings with a slice of Creekside Farm bacon. Make sure to tuck the ends in and use toothpicks to secure the bacon. Use more than one slice of bacon if needed to fully cover the onion rings.
- After wrapping your onion rings with bacon, be sure to season them on all sides with your favourite bacon seasoning.
- Start the grill and make sure it is nice and toasty before placing the wrapped onion rings directly on the grill grates.
- Grill the onion rings for 75-90 minutes, depending on how crisp you want your bacon.
- Remove the onion rings from the grill when cooked to your preference, serve and enjoy!