- 2¾ cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup chilled butter and 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 8 slices of cooked and diced Creekside Farm bacon
- ¼ cup of grated blue cheese
- Whisk the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Cut the butter into small cubes and work it into the dough with a pastry cutter. If there are still specks of butter present after you’re done, none of them should be larger than the size of a pea.
- Combine the beaten egg into the dough.
- Slowly work the buttermilk into the mixture. At first, add only ¾ of the container and then add more if needed. You should still be able to roll out the dough, so make sure it is not too sticky.
- Add the diced Creekside Farm bacon and the grated blue cheese to the dough and combine.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface and into a 30cm circle. Cut the dough into triangles and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze the dough triangles for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Bake for 20 minutes until your scones are light golden brown.
- Brush your scones with melted butter after 5 minutes of baking.
- Serve and enjoy.